Friday 14 May 2010

Six Cities, Six Stadiums, Six Days


Now that I'm officially graduated (never mind that my thesis advisor still has me revising the paper past the grading deadline), my brother has invited me on a week-long road trip across seven states to see six great ball parks from May 16th - 21st. We begin at the new Yankee Stadium in the Bronx, recent venue of my freezing cold and rainy graduation. Before to the ceremony, ex-athletic and current Yankee Nick Swisher had some words of advise for us NYU graduates:


I'm not sure whether Nick's pointed reminders to stay off the field made me more or less inclined to streak during my graduation. The ceremony certainly could have used a little spicing up, and it would have been pretty fun to moon John Sexton, and I dare say, Alec Baldwin (AKA Arec Barwin) might have appreciated it. Honestly, the weather was a sound deterrent for any potential monkey-business. By the end of commencement, my hands were so cold and wet I couldn't even bend my thumb to call my family about where we were going to meet up.

Anyway, this Sunday's forecast calls for sunny skies, 74 degrees, so it looks like A-Rod and his band of overpaid pinstriped cronies will come out to play. Let's hope the Twins do some damage.






1 comment:

  1. Consider that loss Yankee hospitality...to oblige those vengeful Californians

    ReplyDelete